Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Going Buggy Challenge - Things with Wings






I used A2 white cardstock for the base and added SU crushed curry card mat. The floral, blue wood grain, brown woodgrain papers are all from the DCWV The Green Stack paper pack. The rest are bits and pieces of scrap. I was anxious to use my new BoBunny Alora Clear Stamp set, so when Enfys over at Going Buggy posted her May challenge I jump right in. I used basic black to do all the stamping and carefully cut out by hand all pieces. I added a lot of dimensional glue dots. I used the following colors of promarkers from Letraset cadmium red, cobalt green and gold ochre for the chimney. The frilly part of the birdhouse I used sap green. I hand drew a tree trunk on the brown woodgrain cardstock and ran it through my cuttlebug using my branch folder. I then tied a piece of string on my branch so that I could hang my cute little birdhouse. I colored my bird with cerulean blue and naples yellow from my Promarkers and light sienna for his beak. A few branches from my Stampin Up bird and branch punch and a fence using the new Creative memories border fence punch. I alway ink the edges of most pieces so that it may add more dimension. A small diamond bling for his eye. Hope you like it. Thanks Enfys, I hadn't made a card in a little while and your challenge helped me get my mojo back.

3 comments:

Gen said...

Love it! Your little bird house is so tweet! Cheers,

Enfys said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for entering it in this months Going Buggy challenge, and good luck
hugs
Enfys x

Néné Gump said...

Tellement belle ! J'adore les couleurs ! C'est tellement joyeux ! Vxx